Peach "Cobbler"

Alright. I'm on ANOTHER healthy binge of eating. But seriously, something has to be done about this "baby weight" that is now just "weight". And of course it's not just about the number...it's just about being healthy, but I want to be healthy for awhile. So I'd like to get to a better starting point. So anyway. I've made some new goals for myself, maybe indefinitely, or just till Sept. 17th:

  • No alcohol during the week, unless I worked out that day
  • No sugar except for honey, and sparingly
  • Exercising 3-4 times a week
  • NO snacking at night except for plain, raw veggies, and then a glass of water and then MAYBE a fruit
  • Track EVERYTHING I'm eating so I can keep a calorie count below 2000
  • Keeping breads to a minimum

I have done pretty well so far. Keeping proteins and veggies first priority and I haven't had any sugar. The other day though I was way under the calorie count and decided I'd have a serving of popcorn...so I did. 

I haven't really craved too much except carbs, but today, day 5, I was craving sugar. CARBS GLORIOUS CARBS and Sugar! 


This dish gave me protein, a fruit, and no added processed sugar with a texture of breadie goodness. In the afternoon, I need a filling snack to help get me to dinner, especially on a day when I have had an intense workout. Recipe creds for this concoction go to my friend Sarah D.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 peach, cut into bite sizes
  • 1/4 cup of dry rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup of raw unsalted almonds, chopped fine to bite size
  • 1Tbsp. Of Flaxseed meal (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp of chia seeds (optional)
  • Cinnamon 
  • Nutmeg
  • Ginger
  • Vanilla (a splash)
  • 1/4 cup of Almond milk
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Of honey 
  • 3 oz of unsalted butter (teeny tiny) or less

  1. Place cut peach into a microwaveable bowl (I made this in our salad bowls)
  2. In a separate, small bowl, combine the oats, chopped almonds, spices, vanilla, milk and honey. Mix together. 
  3. Spoon over top of the peach. 
  4. Place tabs of butter on top. 
  5. Microwave for about 2 &1/2 minutes (maybe longer). Or you could warm it in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Just till the liquid is pretty well absorbed
  6. Spoon into your mouth!

This was filling, tasty, and healthier than most of my desserts. The calorie count was kinda high for a snack (a little over 400) but it was the ONLY snack I had for the day. Also, it was a large peach and I could have used less butter, or less oats or less almonds to make the calories. 


This would make a great dessert to share with friends...who need a little "fix" but are looking to watch what they are eating...it's not cobbler but it's close!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

In the midst of it all

At the Ready