Salsa

My grandmother was KNOWN for her salsa. My mom and I spent lots of afternoons trying to figure out the secret to her recipe. My mom finally duplicated it...I have not been able to and since this isn’t my mom’s blog, i don’t think i can divulge the secret.
I like to make recipes with fresh ingredients that don’t take a lot of time and that are healthy. I try to make things from scratch when I can - especially fresh easy recipes. However, when it comes to salsa there are so many brands and they all do the job for my late night cravings of tortilla chips and the tomatoey goodness. However, a lot of brands can be full of sugar, preservatives, and other ingredients that are just not needed.
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to put together and is always a crowd pleaser. If you gather all the ingredients and use a good chopper or food processor before you begin it takes even less time. I always make one too many trips to the refrigerator. This recipe is written for the food chopper but if you don’t have one just chop everything pretty fine. My neighbor brought us some salsa peppers and I really liked the kick and spice better than the pre-diced jalapeƱos from a jar I usually use. But I TOTALLY use the pre-diced peppers when I don’t have time.

RECIPE:

4-5 medium tomatoes
1/4 bunch of cilantro
1/2 medium onion
3 garlic cloves
2-3 salsa peppers, or 1 tablespoons of already diced jalepenos
Juice from 1/4 of a large lemon
Salt And Pepper to taste

Combine everything into a food chopper/processor. Process till chopped fine. Add the salt and pepper to taste. If you let it sit in the fridge for a longer period, it tastes even better, but it’s not necessary. My friend, Tori and I, housed a good portion of this recipe one late afternoon.

Enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

In the midst of it all

At the Ready