and Jesus stood with them

So, moms...I have such a deep appreciation for moms now.  If I had only realized how much of Jesus my mother tried to instill in me at the time, maybe I would have been more appreciative in my younger years. 

A friend of mine leads a women's prayer group once a month.  It has provided me with a chance to meet Jesus in a quiet intimate time, in the middle of the day, with minimal distractions - which for a lot of moms can be hard.  This week we were reading over the verse, John 20:19-23.

1That Sunday evening[a] the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said. 20 As he spoke, he showed them the wounds in his hands and his side. They were filled with joy when they saw the Lord! 21 Again he said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.” 22 Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

My friend said, "As you read over this passage, think about what word or phrase speaks to your heart."  We read it three times, and each time, the words STANDING THERE AMONG THEM really spoke volumes to me.  Then we sat and just entered a conversation with God for 20 minutes.

Last month, those 20 minutes felt like an eternity and I was continually distracted.  However, this time, during those 20 minutes, I really felt like I was in conversation with God.  I wrote in my journal what I was hearing and processing and felt so empowered to share what I was feeling.  Here are my ramblings through my tears:

He gives me peace because He stands with me through the Holy Spirit.
When He stands with us, we can stand and give peace to others as well.
We stand as mothers and fight for our children's souls.
We fight against the enemy.
Just as Jesus stands with us, so we stand for those we love so dear.
We fight for OURSELVES and are firm in our identity in you.
We fight like soldiers protecting and enduring suffering and pain, all for those we love.
We are fighting for future generations, praying they have a relationship with the Lord.
We love and move with the Holy Spirit inside us.
We are fighting the good fight, arming our sons and daughters with arrows to pierce the enemy.
We do this with POWER, LOVE, and SELF-DISCIPLINE.  Not with timidity.
With Jesus, there are no limitations to your line of sight.
We are the same as Jesus, saying "As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you." Making more warriors  with our children in mind, sending them out and following our example.

There are often times as I am mothering, that I feel very alone and have to grab from the depths of my soul to find the grace and love my children deserve.  And I often feel like I can drown in the advances the enemy is trying to make on me daily.  It is ONLY because He stands with me that I am able to grab for any air.  That I am able to find the loving, sweet calm words that will do so much more than the bellowing I can become accustomed to.


It is only because HE STANDS AMONG US that I am able to pray for safety and be a warrior for my children.

PS. 127:4 says, "Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth."

I want to arm my children with arrows so they can protect themselves and their children after them from the enemy that wants to speak lies to them and tear them apart.  I want to speak scripture over them so they KNOW when they grow up that I was praying for their souls and that they hear God's sweet words.  I want my children to be able to STAND with Jesus and the army He has built upon love.



If you are reading this and are a mother, I just want to encourage you that God knows you love your children and he loves you more than any mother could love a child.  He sees you day in and day out and knows that you are doing the best you can.  Rise up and arm your child with arrows so that they know who stands with them.

As I sat in that room, soaking in his presence, I just continued to hear, "I love you.  I am proud of you.  You are building warriors.  Fight the good fight and the Kingdom will prevail."

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2Timothy 1:7

A friend shared that verse with me, and I have shared it before, but it is sticking with me in this season of motherhood.  It gives me such "umph" behind my decisions and confidence where I am lacking.  He arms me as a mother with power, love and self-discipline.  Some of the most striven attributes and characteristics of a person.  He gives them to each and every one of us.

So in the hard times, even when we feel like no one is there...Jesus Stands Among Us!


Comments

  1. This is so beautiful. I am in awe of you and the grace and love you show your children.
    When I was raising you I tried to control you. I was keeping the Kingdom from prevailing. I didn't know "He stands among us." I now know how important it is to nourish the ones we love.
    Thank you for your love of Jesus. By committing to Him you are a wonderful Mom, wife, and person.
    I love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

In the midst of it all

At the Ready