Quiche

I am not a big savory person in the morning, but I am coming around to it.  Since being in the whole "I guess I'll eat healthy today" mindset, I've needed to branch out and eat something else besides my favorite cereals :(((

This recipe is adapted from a few different recipes. I made this quiche for a friend.  They seemed to enjoy it, and I've made it a few times before.  It packs in the flavor and the protein and makes dinner or breakfast super easy! Plus, it has goetta!

When I make it for us, I usually omit the crust and just spray the pan really well.  Or there are plenty of healthier options for crusts now.  I found a gluten free, sugar free, soy free, egg free crust the other day...I didn't buy it, but it was an option:) So, make your own, buy the refrigerated ones in a box that you roll out, or buy the ones already in the pan, or just omit it.  Any way you buy it, make sure it is NOT baked yet.

Also, use whatever veggies you prefer, but cooking/sauteing them ahead of time needs to happen.  If you don't cook them ahead of time, the quiche is super runny and holds too much water.

You can make this ahead by sauteing the veggies and cooling in the fridge, mixing the egg mixture in a separate container, and then pouring them all in the pie crust in the morning for baking.

Quiche Recipe:

1 unbaked crust for 9-inch pan

1/2 tube of goetta (I used original)

1 zucchini, chopped into small bites

1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped into small bites

1/4 white onion

salt

garlic powder

4 eggs

1/2 cup of heavy cream, or half & half, or whole milk

2 Tbps. flour

2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt

4-6 oz. shredded pepperjack cheese

  1. Turn oven on to 350. 
  2. Saute the goetta for about 5 minutes or browned just a bit.  Add in the onion, zucchini, and pepper.  Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt (not a lot because there is plenty in the goetta).  Finish sauteing till goetta is cooked and onion is translucent.  Cool for a little bit.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, cream, flour, and yogurt.  Mix well.  Put cheese into mixture and stir till combined.
  4. Place pie crust into pan.
  5. Add cooled goetta mixture into the pie crust spreading around evenly.
  6. Pour egg mixture over the top.
  7. Sprinkle with Mozarella.
  8. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Top should spring back and not be mushy in the middle.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

In the midst of it all

At the Ready