I'm Working on It

So, it's been a while, and I never updated about my goal of not yelling. I'm happy to say that I made it 10 days! But then of course, there were too many days of asking repeatedly the same things, not enough Daddy time and,yada, yada, yada, I was right back in my old ways.

Luckily one of my children likes to snap me out of it. I think this 10 days of no yelling was something like a reset for the kids and when I exploded, they were caught off guard...and yet they were so forgiving. I can't even remember the reason why I yelled.  I just remember Luke saying, "it's okay, Mommy. I forgive you too." And this time instead of yelling at him for being disrespectful, I took it in the back of my throat and swallowed hard. I hugged him and just said, "Thank you." Since that moment when I broke my streak, there have been longer  "streaks" and shorter moments of explosion.  The Lord is providing me with better words and understanding.  I'm not perfect and will never be, but I'm striving to be better. I'm moving closer to them instead of yelling from afar. I'm kneeling to meet them. I'm giving choices. I'm speaking with respect. I'm giving more freedom and independence. I'm trying to let the kids be the person God intended them to be. 

So, I'm trying...
And then God gives me opportunities like this...


They emptied the pot...and I loved every minute of it. 




Thank you, Lord for the opportunities to laugh and have fun with the kids. Help there to be many more of these. And please, let the kids remember the laughs more than the yells. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

In the midst of it all

At the Ready