Did I hear you right?

So I know plenty of women feel insecure about their body image when they are pregnant.  However, I seem to have heard the MOST ridiculous comments, directed at me, that no pregnant woman should ever have heard.  Some of them were even from the nurses at the Ob/Gyn office and they see tons of preggo ladies. 

My conclusion is that I just make people feel sooooo comfortable that they decide they can tell me their inner most thoughts and not feel the need to filter anything.  Yes, this has to be the only logical answer.  Right? I mean what would posses a person to even say these things.  I have stuck my foot in my mouth plenty of times, but I almost always IMMEDIATELY retract my statement and profusely apologize.  Here are some of the statements:

"Hmmm, and the doctor hasn't mentioned anything to you about how much you've gained?" 

"Were you overweight before you became pregant?" said to me during delivery

"Ooooooooo, ssshhhshhshsh, I really don't want to write that number down in your chart, " right after being weighed, which is the most exciting thing to do in the OB's office.

"How far along are you?" and then getting a once over followed by a perplexed look

"Well, I guess the damage is done now."

Now, I know how I looked and I'm plenty aware of the numbers, but I can't certainly be the LARGEST person they know which would compel them to make such comments?!?!?!?!  Maybe it's just because I was soooooo tiny and fit before and they just cant believe how I've just let myself go.

Anyway, here are pictures of me towards then end of each one of my pregancies and I couldn't be more happy to have carried the two beautiful babies, even if it did make me look like this...but I think I look pretty beautiful...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

In the midst of it all

At the Ready